Do you love Road to Employment? Would you like to contribute to our site?
We are always looking to add posts from our readers. We’re looking for your stories of how you survive underemployment, your funny ideas, your accomplishments, and your illustrations and videos to expand our community.
So, what exactly are we looking for?
What’s right for us: We love the written word and media projects. We want anecdotes that stem from your experience as youth, reflections on your under- or unemployed life, or “how-to” guides on surviving life. We want to know what makes you upset about your job search, your struggles as a minority, or the joy you found when you finally paid off your credit card.
We’re not limiting your creativity. Videos, cartoons, caricatures, or recorded spoken word is welcomed. We want stories that make us feel like we’re all in this together, whether it’s a heartfelt essay about your struggles with mental health, or a quirky tongue in cheek video about the rising costs of housing.
What’s not right for us: Snide remarks, blanket complaints, or content that isn’t constructive to the discussion of youth employment.
Who we’re looking for:
- Funny, honest, smart, and creative people with a story in their heart. Perfect grammar or spelling is not required. We’ve got someone to help coach you through that, so don’t stress.
- Artists, illustrators, filmmakers and performers who want to share their work with the Road to Employment community.
Does this sound like a dream come true?
Then here’s what to do:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas you have for specific articles and a brief (one paragraph) description of who you are and what you do.
- In the subject line, write a very short description of the idea you have for a post, i.e. “Video about how to overcome job search rejection” or “Story about my year working the graveyard shift”. Don’t stress about making your subject line perfect. You can share more of your ideas in the body of the email.
- If you already have a draft of something that you want to work on with us, attach it! It doesn’t have to be in its final stage for us to understand what your vision is.
- If you have writing samples, previous videos, or a small portfolio, send them along.